Who we are and what do we do?
Booterstown National School is proud to have a community where pupils, parents and staff collaborate and work together to support the growth and development of our children.
A high level of parental involvement is a key feature of our school which makes it a very special place for all of us. The PTA committee is a group of enthusiastic and energetic people who want to work with the teachers and staff to make BNS the best place it can be. The committee is made up of approximately 10 people (parents/guardians) and one staff member who meet up once a month, generally a Monday evening for no more than an hour. We are involved in a wide range of activities in the school, including organising coffee mornings, fundraising events for both the school and charities, social events, as well as fun events for our children such as International Day and Sports Day.
- Creating school fun and culture days
- Raising money to support purchase of school resources
- Funding activities within the school day, such as Drama or Sport
- Inputting to relevant school policies
- Arranging Extra Curricular Activities
- Inviting speakers to address parents/guardians on topical issues
- Other community building ideas that all contribute to the Booterstown National School community
Parents/guardians can volunteer or be nominated at the annual BNS AGM. Officers of the PTA are elected at the subsequent meeting of the Association. Each class nominates a Class Rep who sits on the PTA. The PTA Chair liaises regularly with the principal to assist with various initiatives and help build greater communication within the school community.
- Linda Bell (Chairperson)
- Steve Hiles (Treasurer)
- Aideen Hartney (Secretary)
- Pilar Forradellas (ECA Liaison)
- Aileen O’Donghue, Sari Eyres, Glenn Sherry, Sue Rynhart, Jane Dane, Rosalind Carroll
- Gearoid Cahillane, Conor Gallagher, Pamela Potterton and a member of the teaching staff.